OUTDOOR LEAGUE RULES - 9v9
Soccer Spectrum is one of the oldest Indoor Soccer facilities in North
Texas, established in 1986. In 2021 Soccer Spectrum started a new
chapter to its proud legacy, bringing a renewed energy and vision for
the next 30 years.
The following is a comprehensive list of rules relating to 9v9 soccer:
● 25 Max Roster; 13 Min Roster
● Rosters locked by the start of the 3rd game.
● Players may not be rostered on teams from the same division.
● Rosters are tracked on the DaySmart App
Teams are allowed to Roster Guest Pass Players to their roster, but they may
only be guests that are age pure to the league. (age exemptions are not allowed
● Guest Pass Players may not be rostered on a team in the same division.
● Guest Passes can only be purchased in person with proper ID.
● Teams will be allowed (1) Guest Pass per playoff game.
● First Game Guest Pass: $40 (includes NTSSA Card)
● Additional Game Pass: $20 (must have current NTSSA Card)
● Guest players must be present a minimum of 5 minutes before game time.
There will be a maximum of 9 players per team on the field at any one time.
● Each team may field 8 outfield players and 1 goalkeeper on the field at one
● Coed requires 2 girls on the field at all times. (if only 1 is available, the team
must play a player down)
● Teams must have at least 7 players to play the game; otherwise, it will be a
Team Captains must register their team at Daysmartrecreation.com
● 10 game guarantee
● Individual Player Fee is $175.
- Players may not take the field unless their fee has been paid prior to
the start of the first game.
- Referee Fees are included.
NTSSA Outdoor player card is required. Each player must submit their own valid
I.D. card to the referee or assistant referee and be registered on that team in
order to be eligible to play.
Substitutions are unlimited during the games and may be made at any stoppage
of play. It is a standard that referees must be informed when the substitutions
are being made.
The match will consist of two equal halves (2x35) with a 5-minute half time.
● One Referee and Two Linesmen. Referee Fees included in Team Dues
● Field size is approximately 240’ x 165’
● Goals are 9’ x 24’
● Games may be lengthened on special occasions/post season play at the
discretion of the Executive Director.
● A size 5 ball will be used
● The offside rule DOES apply. The rule is applied the same as 11-A-Side.
- O-50 offsides line is approximately 17 yards from midfield. This line is
approximately halfway between midfield and top of the goalie box and
will be marked with corner flags at this time.
● In case of a tie after regulation time during group play, the game will finish as
a tie game.
● Each team should bring two sets of matching jerseys (light and dark). The
home team (1st team listed) is required to change uniforms if jerseys between
opposing teams conflict.
● All players must wear shirts (no shirts vs. skins).
● Numbers ARE required.
● An INDIRECT free kick will be awarded to the opposing team at the top of the
penalty box if either of the following rules are violated:
- Keepers may not use their hands when a ball is passed back to them
by a teammate, unless it is played back to them via head, chest, or
- Once the keeper has handled the ball, they have five (5) seconds to
put the ball back in play.
● All other free kicks are DIRECT (awarded for fouls/rule violations)
● Opposing players must be at least 10 Yards away prior to kick.
● A penalty kick shall be awarded when foul occurs in the penalty box,
● All players must wear shin guards that are covered by socks; and a same
shade jersey as their team. Numbers ARE required.
● Players will be sent off the field if they have a shin guard violation until they
have the proper gear.
● The goalkeeper must wear a different colored jersey.
● No watches or jewelry.
● Casts and braces may be wrapped at the referee’s discretion.
We understand there will be occasions where a team will be unable to play in
their committed match. Should this situation arise, please follow our reschedule
procedure by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This will create a
ticket on our help desk and we will do our best to see if another team is able to
swap games to accommodate your request. These must be submitted no later
than 48 hours prior to the scheduled game. Reschedules are not guaranteed.
Soccer Spectrum does not do forfeits. We want to ensure we have the highest
quality soccer experience with the most respectful teams playing at our facility.
As a result, we have instituted the below policy:
● If a team is running late, the opposing team will be awarded a goal 5 minutes
after the scheduled start time.
● A forfeit will be awarded if an opposing team is not ready to play within 10
minutes of a scheduled start time.
● The clock starts at the scheduled kickoff time and time will not be made up if
a team shows up late.
● A forfeit will go down as a 3-0 win for the team that is there and ready to play.
● If both teams do not show, or are not ready to play – neither team will be
● For any team that forfeits a game, an inconvenience fee of $100 will be
charged to the team. This fee (less applicable referee fees) will be awarded
to the team that showed up for their committed match.
● Teams that forfeit during the regular season will not be allowed to participate
in PostSeason, and the next place team will move up in ranking for the SemiFinal game
● Teams that forfeit more than once in a season may be subject to being
removed from the league without a refund.
RE-STARTING THE GAME:
● If the ball goes out of play over the End Line (Goal Line)
- Corner Kick (Direct Kick): if the defending team deflects the ball
- Goal Kick: if the offensive team deflect the ball
● If the ball goes out of play over the Touch Line (Sideline)
Throw In from the spot where the ball went out of play.
● Restarts do not have to go forward after goals or to start periods.
PLAYER SAFETY AND FOULS:
● Slide tackling is not permitted in any division (except reasonable play by a
goalkeeper inside their own box, as determined by the referee).
The game clock on the scoreboard runs continuously throughout the game.
Teams are to be on the field ready to play at their scheduled time. The clock can
be stopped at the referee's discretion.
● Players ejected from a match for a red card for violent conduct will be
suspended for at least the following match and their team will play short the
remainder of the game. The player receiving the red must leave the facility
● Ejections for violent actions including, but not limited to fighting may result in
suspension for any further play. This will be decided upon by the Executive
Director and/or NTSSA.
● Two yellows and the team will play short for the remainder of the game, same
for a straight red.
● Offensive language is considered to warrant a caution card, any language
directed towards officials, opponents, or spectators will result in ejection from
● Soccer Spectrum does not tolerate violent conduct, verbal abuse, threatening
behavior, or racist/hateful language. Any instances of the above can result in
temporary or permanent suspension from our facility. Final decisions
regarding length of suspension will be made by the Executive Director.
● Semi-finals for the “Championship” round
○ 1st vs 4th
○ 2nd vs 3rd
○ Final game - 1st vs 2nd
● Semi-finals for the “If you Ain’t First, Your Last” round
○ 5th vs 8th
○ 6th vs 7th
● Ties - For any playoff game that ends in a tie, the game will go straight to
penalties where 5 kicks will be taken by each team. If tied after 5, then
sudden death will take place.
● In the coed division, the penalty kicks must be taken alternately by gender
(male/female/male or vice versa). All team members on the roster must kick
(unless injured – ref determines) before a player takes a second shot, except
coed where all males and females rotate accordingly.
Standings are determined by wins, losses, and ties.
● WIN = 3 points
● TIE = 1 point
● LOSS = 0 points
● FORFEIT = 3-0 win (worth 3 points)
The best overall team record determines playoff positioning. Our software system
cannot determine head-to head, so in the case of a tie, Soccer Spectrum will
determine who won the league after looking at the standings.
In the event of a tie in records, the following tie-breaking system will be used:
A) head-to-head play B) Goals differential C) Goals for D) Goals Against
● Men’s Open (18 years & older)
● Men’s Over 30 (each team will get 2 exemptions over 27)
● Men’s Over 40 (each team will get 3 exemptions over 35)
● Men’s Over 50 (each team will get 5 exemptions over 45)
● Women’s Open (18 years & older)
● Women’s Over 30 (each team will get 2 exemptions over 27)
● Coed Open (18 years & older)
● Coed Over 30 (each team will get 2 exemptions over 27)
● Players who are suspected of having sustained a concussion shall be
removed from play immediately and evaluated by medical staff. The
evaluation shall consist of a standardized acute concussion evaluation using
● If after evaluation the player is diagnosed with a concussion he or she shall
not be returned to play on the same day. A player does not need to have lost
consciousness to have suffered a concussion.
● Regardless of weather conditions, coaches and their teams must appear on
the field of play, ready to play as scheduled, unless Soccer Spectrum has
contacted the captain/coach prior.
● Failure to show will result in the forfeit of the match.
● Only referees on the field, or Soccer Spectrum management can cancel or
postpone a match.
● Should a match’s progress be terminated due to weather conditions after one
half has been completed the match will be considered official and the score at
the time will stand.
● In the event of bad weather, game schedules and various rules may need to
be altered. Be sure to check your daysmart app for any changes to your
schedule or contact the facility at: email@example.com
Comments (0 comments)