OUTDOOR LEAGUE RULES – 9v9
Soccer Spectrum is one of the oldest Indoor Soccer facilities in North Texas, established in 1986. In 2021 Soccer Spectrum started a new chapter to its proud legacy, bringing a renewed energy and vision for the next 30 years.
The following is a comprehensive list of rules relating to 9v9 soccer:
Soccer Spectrum reserves the right to modify league rules at their discretion and will update the website accordingly in the best interest of our guests. The Executive Director will have the final decision on any suspensions, rule discrepancies, or controversial issues that may arise during or after play.
● 25 Max Roster
●Rosters locked by the start of the 3rd game.
● Players may not be rostered on teams from the same division.
● Captains are responsible for ensuring their roster is accurate and all players are included/removed from their rosters by the 3rd game. This can be easily done on the DaySmart team manager profile by inviting or dropping players.
● Rosters are tracked on the DaySmart App
● Teams are allowed to Roster Guest Pass Players to their Roster.
● Guest Pass Players may not be rostered on a team in the same division.
● Guest Passes can only be purchased at the front desk no later than 5 minutes prior to kickoff. Players must be age pure to the league (no age exemptions)
● Teams will be allowed (1) Guest Pass per playoff game
● For players without an ID the Guest Pass is: $40 (includes new NTSSA Card)
● Regular Game Pass: $20 (must have current NTSSA Card)
There will be a maximum of 9 players per team on the field at any one time.
● Each team may field 8 outfield players and 1 goalkeeper on the field at one
● Coed plays 3 females on the field (if only 1or 2 is available, the team must play a player or 2 down.) and 3 males on the field. Goalie is either. Males may not sub in for females. Females may sub in for males. There must be always 1 male player on the field. For Men’s leagues women may play, but men’s rules will apply.
● Teams must have at least 7 players to play the game; otherwise, it will be a
● Female goals will count as two (2) points
● Male goals will always count as one (1) point
● In the event of a deflection by the defense, the last offensive player touching the ball will determine the number of points awarded. any goals scored directly by a defender shall count as one (1) goal.
● PK's will always count as one (1) point.
Men’s & Women’s Leagues
●Goals will always count as one (1) point.
●PK's will always count as one (1) point.
Team Captains must register their team at Daysmartrecreation.com
● 10 game guarantee.
● Individual Player Fee is $175.
- Players may not take the field unless their fee has been paid prior to
the start of the first game.
- Referee Fees are included.
● NTSSA Outdoor player card is required. Each player must submit their own valid
● ID card to the referee or assistant referee and be registered on that team in order to be eligible to play.
● Driver’s Licenses are not accepted on the field for play
● Substitutions are unlimited during the games and are made at any stoppage of play. Referees must be informed when the substitutions are being made.
Men’s Over 30 - The match will consist of two equal halves (2x35) with 5-minute half time.
Men’s Over 40/50 - The match will consist of two equal halves (2x40) with 5-minute half time.
One Referee and Two Linesmen. Referee Fees included in Team Dues
Field size is approximately 165’ x 115’
Goals are 9’ x 24’
Games may be lengthened on special occasions/post season play at the discretion of the Executive Director.
A size 5 ball will be used. Game ball will be provided by the teams. Each team should bring one (1) soccer ball each game. Soccer Spectrum is not responsible for lost or damaged soccer balls.
In case of a tie after regulation time during group play, the game will finish as a tied game.
Each team should bring two sets of matching jerseys (light and dark). The home team (1st team listed) is required to change uniforms if jerseys between opposing teams conflict.
All players must wear shirts (no shirts vs. skins).
The offside rule DOES apply. The rule is applied the same as 11-A-Side.
A breakout line (off-sides line) is implemented in the last 1/3 of the field. Flags are used to determine this line.
All USSF Rules apply - US Soccer: www.ussoccer.com - The following notes are for clarification only. Soccer Spectrum will no longer be doing kick-ins, but will be complying with USSF rules and doing throw-ins instead.
- An INDIRECT free kick will be awarded to the opposing team at the top of the penalty box if either of the following rules are violated:
Keepers may not use their hands when a ball is passed back to them by a teammate, unless it is played back to them via head, chest, or thigh.
Once the keeper has handled the ball they have five (5) seconds to put the ball back in play.
All other free kicks are DIRECT (awarded for fouls/rule violations)
Opposing players must be at least 8 Yards away prior to kick.
● A penalty kick shall be awarded when a foul occurs in the penalty box.
● All players must wear shin guards that are covered by socks; and a same
shade jersey as their team.
● All players must wear shin guards that are covered by socks; and a same
shade jersey as their team.
● Players will be sent off the field if they have a shin guard violation until they
have the proper gear.
● The goalkeeper must wear a different colored jersey.
● No watches or jewelry.
● Casts and braces may be wrapped at the referee’s discretion.
● All players must wear shirts (no shirts vs. skins).
● Numbers ARE required. No Number - No Play! Numbers should be unique (no same #'s for same team at the same time.) Numbers must be permanently and affixed (no sharpie/write-ons or taped on numbers are allowed).
*Coming soon - Soccer Spectrum will soon be able to heat press a number on for a fee.
We understand there will be occasions where a team will be unable to play in
their committed match. Should this situation arise, please follow our reschedule
procedure by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This will create a
ticket on our help desk and we will do our best to see if another team is able to
swap games to accommodate your request. These must be submitted no later
than 48 hours prior to the scheduled game. Reschedules are not guaranteed.
Soccer Spectrum does not do forfeits. We want to ensure we have the highest
quality soccer experience with the most respectful teams playing at our facility. As a result, we have instituted an aggressive policy:
● If a team is running late, the opposing team will be awarded a goal 5 minutes
after the scheduled start time.
● A forfeit will be awarded if an opposing team is not ready to play within 5
minutes of a scheduled start time.
● The clock starts at the scheduled kickoff time and time will not be made up if
a team shows up late.
● A forfeit will go down as a 3-0 win for the team that is there and ready to play.
● If both teams do not show, or are not ready to play – neither team will be
● For any team that forfeits a game an inconvenience fee of $100 will be
charged to the team. This fee (less applicable referee fees) will be awarded
to the team that showed up for their committed match.
● Teams that forfeit during the regular season will not be allowed to participate
in Post Season, and the next place team will move up in ranking for the Semi-Final game.
● Teams that forfeit more than once in a season a team may be subject to
being removed from the league without a refund.
RE-STARTING THE GAME
● USSF Rules apply - US Soccer: www.ussoccer.com
PLAYER SAFETY AND FOULS
● Slide tackling is not permitted in any division (except reasonable play by a
goalkeeper inside their own box, as determined by the referee).
● Delay of game is called when:
- the defending player lines up closer than 5 yards for free kicks and deliberately delays the restart will result in a caution.
- a player takes longer than 6 seconds to put a free kick in play after
having been signaled to do so by the referee.
- the goalkeeper does not distribute the ball outside the box within 6
seconds of possession with either hands or feet.
●Only Soccer Spectrum staff, rostered players, team captains, and referees are allowed on the fields. Children and spectators are not allowed on the field at any time as they are not covered by liability.
The game clock on the scoreboard runs continuously throughout the game.
Teams are to be on the field ready to play at their scheduled time. The clock
will stop for injuries. The clock will be stopped for all whistles in the last 2
minutes of the second half of a championship game. In all other instances,
the clock can only be stopped at the referee’s discretion.
Please take care of all payments and roster changes prior to game time so your team does not risk a forfeit as we are unable to hold up games.
● RED CARD - Players ejected from a match for a red card for any offense will be suspended until the referee report is reviewed and a determination will be made for at least the following match and their team will play short the
remainder of the game. The player receiving the red must leave the facility
● Ejections for violent actions including, but not limited to fighting may result in
suspension for any further play. This will be decided upon by the Executive
● YELLOW CARD - A yellow card is a warning on field. After a second yellow card players will automatically be given a red card and will be ejected from the facility, same as receiving a straight red.
● Offensive language is considered to warrant an ejection. Any language
directed towards officials, opponents, or spectators will result in ejection from
● Soccer Spectrum does not tolerate violent conduct, verbal abuse, threatening
behavior, racist/hateful language, or spitting at or near officials, staff or opponents.
Any instances of the above can result in temporary or permanent suspension from our facility. Final decisions regarding length of suspension will be made by the Executive Director.
● Semi-finals for the “Championship” round
○ 1st vs 4th
○ 2nd vs 3rd
○ Final game - 1st vs 2nd
● Semi-finals for the “If you Ain’t First, Your Last” round (when applies)
○ 5th vs 8th
○ 6th vs 7th
● Ties - For any playoff game that ends in a tie, the game will go straight to
penalties where 5 kicks will be taken by each team. If tied after 5, then
sudden death will take place.
● In the coed division, the penalty kicks must be taken alternately by gender
(male/female/male or vice versa). All team members on the roster must kick
(unless injured – ref determines) before a player takes a second shot, except
coed where all males and females rotate accordingly.
Standings are determined by wins, losses, and ties.
● WIN = 3 points
● TIE = 1 point
● LOSS = 0 points
● FORFEIT = 3-0 win (worth 3 points)
The best overall team record determines playoff positioning. Our software
system cannot determine head-to head, so in the case of a tie, Soccer
Spectrum will determine who won the league after looking at the standings.
In the event of a tie in records, the following tie-breaking system will be used:
A) head-to-head play B) Goals differential C) Goals for D) Goals Against
Individuals may play on different teams provided; 1) they are on the team roster,
2) they are not competing on two teams within the same league. 3) in a
division with 3 or more leagues the player may not play in a top division and a
In an effort to provide the most fun and competitive environment for all teams,
Soccer Spectrum reserves the right, if necessary, to place teams in the
appropriate division based on the level of play and /or ability of the players.
Our Current Divisions:
● Men’s Open (18 years & older)
● Men’s Over 30 (each team will get 2 exemptions over 27)
● Men’s Over 40 (each team will get 3 exemptions over 35)
● Men’s Over 50 (each team will get 5 exemptions over 45)
● Women’s Open (18 years & older)
● Women’s Over 30 (each team will get 2 exemptions over 27)
● Coed Open (18 years & older)
● Coed Over 30 (each team will get 2 exemptions over 27)
● Players who are suspected of having sustained a concussion shall be
removed from play immediately.
● Regardless of weather conditions, coaches and their teams must appear on
the field of play, ready to play as scheduled, unless Soccer Spectrum has
contacted the captain/coach prior.
● Failure to show will result in the forfeit of the match.
● Only referees on the field, or Soccer Spectrum management can cancel or
postpone a match. Teams may not determine if a game is canceled. Teams that choose not to wait out a weather delay will forfeit that game.
● Should a match’s progress be terminated due to weather conditions after the second half has started the match will be considered official and the score at
the time will stand.
● Game times delayed one full game slot or more will be canceled and a reschedule will be considered if the 2nd half has not started.
● In the event of bad weather, game schedules and various rules may need to
be altered. Be sure to check your daysmart app for any changes to your
schedule or contact the facility at: email@example.com