OUTDOOR LEAGUE RULES – 7v7
Soccer Spectrum is one of the oldest Indoor Soccer facilities in North Texas, established in 1986. In 2021 Soccer Spectrum started a new chapter to its proud legacy, bringing a renewed energy and vision for the next 30 years.
The following is a comprehensive list of rules relating to 7v7 soccer:
Soccer Spectrum reserves the right to modify league rules at their discretion and will update the website accordingly in the best interest of our guests. The Executive Director will have the final decision on any suspensions, rule discrepancies, or controversial issues that may arise during or after play.
● 21 Max Roster
● Rosters locked by the start of the 3rd game.
● Players may not be rostered on teams from the same division.
● Captains are responsible for ensuring their roster is accurate and all players are included/removed from their rosters by the 3rd game. This can be easily done on the DaySmart team manager profile by inviting or dropping players.
● Guest players are not allowed for 7v7.
● Rosters are tracked on the DaySmart App
There will be a maximum of 7 players per team on the field at any one time.
● Each team may field 6 outfield players and 1 goalkeeper on the field at one
● Coed plays 3 females on the field (if only 1or 2 is available, the team must play a player or 2 down.) and 3 males on the field. Goalie is either. Males may not sub in for females. Females may sub in for males. There must be always 1 male player on the field. For Men’s leagues women may play, but men’s rules will apply.
● Teams must have at least 5 players to play the game; otherwise, it will be a
● Female goals will count as two (2) points
● Male goals will always count as one (1) point
● In the event of a deflection by the defense, the last offensive player touching the ball will determine the number of points awarded. any goals scored directly by a defender shall count as one (1) goal.
● PK's will always count as one (1) point.
Men’s & Women’s Leagues
●Goals will always count as one (1) point.
●PK's will always count as one (1) point.
Team Captains must register their team at Daysmartrecreation.com
● 8 game guarantee.
● Team Fees are $850
● 1/2 of the team payment must be made on week 1 and the remainder
paid in full on week 2 before the game can begin.
Referee Fees are included.
NTSSA Outdoor player card is required. Each player must submit their own valid
I.D. card to the referee or assistant referee and be registered on that team in
order to be eligible to play.
Driver's Licenses are not accepted on the field for play.
Substitutions are unlimited during the games and must be made at a stoppage in play at the halfway line.
● Outgoing substitutions must leave the field of play before the replacement
enters the playing area.
● All players must sub at the halfway line.
The match will consist of two equal halves (2x20) with 1 minute half time.
● One Referee. Referee Fees included in Team Dues
● Field size is approximately 165’ x 115’
● Goals are 7’ x 21’
● Penalty area is: 2’X24’
● A size 5 ball will be used. Game ball will be provided by the teams. Each team should bring one (1) soccer ball each game. Soccer Spectrum is not responsible for lost or damaged soccer balls.
● Referees will each hold game time individually. It is the referee's discretion to
implement stoppage time.
● The offside rule does not apply.
● In case of a tie after regulation time during group play, the game will finish as
a tied game.
● Each team should bring two sets of matching jerseys (light and dark). The
home team (1st team listed) is required to change uniforms if jerseys between
opposing team’s conflict.
● All USSF Rules apply - US Soccer: www.ussoccer.com - The following notes are for clarification only. Soccer Spectrum will no longer be doing kick-ins, but will be complying with USSF rules and doing throw-ins instead.
● An INDIRECT free kick will be awarded to the opposing team at the top of the
penalty box if either of the following rules are violated:
- Keepers may not use their hands when a ball is passed back to them
by a teammate, unless it is played back to them via head, chest, or
- Once the keeper has handled the ball, they have five (5) seconds to
put the ball back in play.
● All other free kicks are DIRECT.
● Opposing players must be at least 5 Yards away prior to kick offs.
● A penalty kick shall be awarded when foul occurs in the penalty box,
● A penalty kick shall be taken 3 steps from the top of the penalty box.
● All players must wear shin guards that are covered by socks; and a same
shade jersey as their team.
● Players will be sent off the field if they have a shin guard violation until they
have the proper gear.
● The goalkeeper must wear a different colored jersey.
● No watches or jewelry.
● Casts and braces may be wrapped at the referee’s discretion.
● All players must wear shirts (no shirts vs. skins).
● Numbers ARE required. No Number - No Play! Numbers should be unique (no same #'s for same team at the same time.)
Numbers must be permanently and affixed (no sharpie/write-ons or taped on numbers are allowed).
*Coming soon - Soccer Spectrum will soon be able to heat press a number on for a fee.
We understand there will be occasions where a team will be unable to play in
their committed match. Should this situation arise, please follow our reschedule
procedure by sending an email to email@example.com This will create a
ticket on our help desk and we will do our best to see if another team is able to
swap games to accommodate your request. These must be submitted no later
than 48 hours prior to the scheduled game. Reschedules are not guaranteed.
Soccer Spectrum does not do forfeits. We want to ensure we have the highest
quality soccer experience with the most respectful teams playing at our facility. As a
result, we have instituted an aggressive policy:
● If a team is running late, the opposing team will be awarded a goal 5 minutes
after the scheduled start time.
● A forfeit will be awarded if an opposing team is not ready to play within 5
minutes of a scheduled start time.
● The clock starts at the scheduled kickoff time and time will not be made up if
a team shows up late.
● A forfeit will go down as a 3-0 win for the team that is there and ready to play.
● If both teams do not show, or are not ready to play – neither team will be
● For any team that forfeits a game an inconvenience fee of $100 will be
charged to the team. This fee (less applicable referee fees) will be awarded
to the team that showed up for their committed match.
● Teams that forfeit during the regular season will not be allowed to participate
in Post Season, and the next place team will move up in ranking for the Semi-Final game.
● Teams that forfeit more than once in a season a team may be subject to
being removed from the league without a refund.
RE-STARTING THE GAME - USSF Rules apply - US Soccer: www.ussoccer.com